Tuesday, June 12, 2007

poems

been writing a lot lately... here are some of the results:

Three Thirty Three

It is enough to see and not to wish.

Because the wish is still there –

It will always be there,

Like the numbers that are nowhere

And yet so easily grasped –

Desire is there giving

Birth to each minute.

And though in the lucky glance

Your watch may offer coincidence cubed,

Want is in them all,

And the wish never stops.




If We are Doomed

If we are doomed

(doomed,

yes, doomed)

if the gaps are closing,

the water rising;

if even in our best minds

we are beaten

before we start,

I, for one, am glad

and will spend my life

taking in what pleases

and spitting out bliss

until I’ve massed a raft

of worthless pearls

to float me into my own

private oblivion.

No comments: